Saturday, September 5, 2009

Approaching birthday & SEC football

One of the saddest days in my life in fast approaching… Jacob turns 1 September 12th. Tear. He is no longer my baby any more he is officially a toddler and I could not be having more difficulty coming to grips with this fact. My number one issue with all this turning 1 stuff is that as he becomes more and more independent he no longer relies on Mommy as much any more. This is just my first taste of what is to come in the future with every age and stage he will become less and less dependent upon Mommy and Daddy and one day leave us for good. To my Mom I am sorry I ever grew up, I now know just how painful that must have been. Gratifying and painful at the same time.

Okay enough about my sorrow on to what Jacob has been up to these days

*He is walking every where (crawling is for babies)
*He eats whatever we put in front of him i.e. chicken, steak, all veggies, all fruits, etc.
*He gets one formula bottle a night
*He gets whole milk, juice or water in his sippy cup through out the day
*He is about 25lbs
*He is wearing 12-month cloths
*He is in size 4 diapers
*He still loves Mickey Mouse Club House
*He has started dancing a little
*He likes when Granny rocks him to sleep
*He thinks Daddy is funny when he makes weird noises
*He has started saying bye bye and waving
*Has said thank you, love you, and sorry
*He likes to play chase with Dixie
*He still loves to be outside
*He loves to be read to when he is in the mood to listen
*If it stands still he will climb it
*He thinks it is funny to turn the TV on and off
*He still loves his baths
*He has started showing his temper or likes/dislikes
*He is interested in who is walking through the front door next
*He has started to favor certain people i.e. in the middle of the night it is Mama or when Mama gets on to him he wants Granny
*He has nine teeth

We are leaving town this coming Thursday to celebrate his birthday with family and friends In Phenix City on Saturday. Jason's Mom also has a birthday Sunday the day after Jake's so we'll celebrate her day as well while we are in town.

Tonight is the 1st Alabama game of the season and I'm thinking about all the future games I get to watch with my two football players and I'm so looking forward to seeing Jacob one day in his jersey and helmet that weights more than his whole body.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment