Monday, November 9, 2009

October Catch Up

I know, I know...moving along.
A few weeks ago we decided to get out and enjoy the rainy weather that was supposed to be "sunny and cool" says the weather man. I thought they went to school for this stuff? I guess like any woman Mother Nature can always change her mind. Regardless it stopped raining shortly after we got to Stone Mountain for the Highland Games. It was overcast, cold, windy and wet but we still managed to have fun. I have never seen so many men in skirts in one place. The food was, well...English food, the Bag Piping/drumming was very good and the games... I still don't understand the point of throwing a telephone pole as far as you can accomplishes but it's all about the experience right?
After the games we drove over the the Pumpkin Festival in the Park. Jacob loved playing in all the pumpkins. I can't wait until he is old enough to go pick out his own. But for now I just enjoy watching him experience everything for the 1st time.
He needed a break from climbing over all the pumpkins

Halloween:
It was again rainy and cold. Jason and I took the boys over to a friends house to decorate pumpkin cookies and do Halloween crafts. After they were done Mandy and I sat down and did our own little craft project. I think we had more fun then they did. Mandy brought over Fajitas for dinner and we dressed the kids and of course as soon as we were ready to go it started coming down. Jacob was dressed long enough to get a couple of pictures but he was not going out in the rain. He looked so darn cute. Mommy's lil' pumpkin.
We all loaded up in Mandy Explore with the back open and cursed the neighborhood. The kids got to at least get some candy, Jacob got out at one house and got a Hershey bar. (his 1st treat ever)
Shane, Mandy, Luke & Kaitlyn Owens

Halloween was a bust for the kids but Mandy and I enjoyed watching our significant others get all dolled up. I love our friends!!
They had it down to the black knee highs....Sooo freaking funny

Shane, Bobby & Jason

1 comment:

  1. Ok! You know I have to make a comment. I swear, just looking at those photos, makes me sit here and laugh just like we did when we dressed up. When I see the photo of Bobby and the guys, it looks as if he wants in on the action too. Well, there is always next year. We had such a great time. I can't wait for next year. We definitely need to plan a little earlier and make it even better. Remember, Shane will be on the normal shift so let's get busy. Love ya, girlie!

    ReplyDelete