Sunday, May 10, 2009

To my Mom


We have always had a special relationship, we have always been a little closer than most mothers and daughters. On this day, the 1st mothers day we have every spent apart I want to let you know just how much you mean to me and how much I love you. You have always taught me lessons through out my life and now that I'm an adult I get it. But, some of the lessons you taught me growing up I didn't get until I had my own child. I look back now and remember some of the things you would tell me, show me or teach just by your own example of how to be a mom. You may not have even known you were doing it but you were and I'm a better mother because of it. Even though we are so far away from one another I think about you everyday and miss you always. You have been my rock, shoulder to cry on, sounding board, mentor, my safe place, best friend and the greatest mother any daughter could ask for. I love you more than any card or poet could describe. I'll see you soon. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    If there ever had to be a Mother's Day that we had to spend apart, I'm glad that it wasn't until you had Jacob there to be with you. I miss all four of you everyday. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete